University of Scranton
The University of Scranton Online
Cradled in the scenic northeast region of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains, The University of Scranton boasts a more than 120-year tradition of top-notch education, sound ethics, and social responsibility. We are a selective and highly ranked Jesuit university, offering the outstanding academics and personal attention expected of a leading private university combined with an exceptional sense of community.
Current available online Finance and Accounting programs include:
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc) – Online
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF) – Online
- Master of Business Administration – Online
- MBA – Accounting
- MBA – Enterprise Resource Planning
- MBA – Finance
- MBA – Healthcare Management
- MBA – Human Resources
- MBA – International Business
- MBA – Operations Management
The University of Scranton is regionally accredited and consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” edition as one of the top 10 regional universities in the north. The MBA program is the flagship of the nationally recognized, AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management with specializations in Accounting, Enterprise, Resource Planning, Healthcare Management, Human Resources, Operations Management, and International Business. In addition, the Master of Science in Human Resources, complete with a cutting-edge curriculum, is one of the premier programs offered by the Panuska College of Professional Studies.
At The University of Scranton, you will learn business management or human resources concepts steeped in the values and traditions of a Jesuit education, dedicated to providing an excellent education suited to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s world.
Master of Accountancy (MAcc) – Online
The University of Scranton’s online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) ensures that students:
- Master the practical hands-on skills that accounting professionals need to become influential and strategic business leaders
- Master the soft skills and communication proficiencies needed to manage teams and client relationships
- Understand the ethical components of managing organizational finance
The MAcc online embodies the rigor of the Kania School of Management’s AACSB accreditation, the ethical foundations of a Jesuit education, and the accounting knowledge with robust CPA exam preparation through a deep discount to Wiley CPAexcel®.
Alumni of The University of Scranton are employed by the Big 4, regional and local public accounting firms, many of whom consult for and contribute to the program’s curriculum. Meet our Professional Council Alumni!
Throughout the online accounting master’s degree program, students are prepared to:
- Apply extensive, practical knowledge in the field of accounting
- Apply advanced approaches to leveraging accounting as a means of solving business problems
- Comprehend and employ skills needed for identifying and navigating red flags that could indicate occupational fraud
- Critically analyze accounting information to disseminate value-added insights for the firm for effective economic decisions
- Understand the global environment and critical leadership roles that are associated within the broader business environment
- Demonstrate effective and advanced communication skills to key stakeholders within and outside of the firm
Master of Accountancy Program Highlights
Highlights of the online Masters of Accountancy program include:
- CPA Exam Preparation: The Big 4 Firms-endorsed Wiley CPAexcel® is available at a deep discount to MAcc students so every student has the comprehensive tools and confidence to pass the CPA exam following graduation.
- Soft Skills Development: One of the most important skills accountants need are the soft skills to communicate effectively and to manage clients, accounts, and teams. Functional, purposeful, and strategic internal and external communication is an emphasis throughout the program.
- AACSB Accreditation: Housed in the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management, students experience a rigorous curriculum developed by a CPA-certified faculty of award-winning teachers and researchers.
- Jesuit Mission: Advancing social responsibility, ethics, and education for global justice creates a well-rounded, ethical approach in a field often associated with financial and occupational fraud.
- Convenient & Flexible Online Format: With the online convenience and around-the-clock support offered by The University of Scranton, it’s easier than ever to meet the 30 credit hour requirement and feel confident in your CPA exam prep.
Designed for the working professional with at least 3 years of professional work experience, the Online MBA program emphasizes a set of skills and perspectives needed to succeed in the increasingly fast-paced, global and technology-oriented business environment. The online program format provides working professionals with convenient and flexible access to a high-quality MBA program without the need to interrupt their careers.
The program includes a general track, as well a six specializations:
The University of Scranton MBA online with a specialization in Accounting focuses on ethics, social responsibility, and technology-enhanced leadership skills. Whether your career goal is to file disclosures as a certified accountant or have a working knowledge of corporate governance, this flexible MBA with specialization in accounting will prepare you for success.
According to Payscale.com, employees with an MBA with an Accounting specialization earn an average annual wage of $66,926.
Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranks The University of Scranton MBA one of the top online MBA programs, and names The University of Scranton a ‘Top 10 Master’s Universities in the North’ and ‘No. 12 in the nation for best financial value at graduation.’
Online Master of Science in Finance
Easily Land Your Preferred Position.
Dedicated specifically to professionals who dedicate themselves to excellence in the finance industry, The University of Scranton’s online MS in Finance delivers a modern education that provides a deep focus on hard-to-find financial skills and the CFA Institute’s 6 areas of focus. It provides a program that is concentrated on the combination of ethics, technologies, and financial analysis and rooted to the rigor of the Jesuit tradition. It prepares you to lead: your career, your team, your company, in as little as 12 months.
Prove Your Professional Standard
The online MSF from The University of Scranton speaks volumes about your experience and dedication to ethical practice before you say a word. Our curriculums align to Jesuit values — you develop a sincere sensitivity to the ethical, socially responsible, and sustainable aspects of a global society — values that became the new standard in the financial world. Additionally,
- We’re AACSB Accredited — Held by few business schools in the world, the Kania School of Management is proud hold this prestigious accreditation.
- You’re prepared to earn the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) credential, the most respected and recognized investment management designation in the world.
Learn in a Top-Ranked Program
- The Economist: Top Value University – #22
- S. News & World Report: Best Value School – #15
- Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program: Best Economic Outcomes of Graduates – #36
- Money: Best College for Your Money – #167