To be a leader in today’s economy, you need advanced knowledge and skills to make impactful decisions that are both profitable and ethical. The online Master of Arts (M.A.) in Economics, Applied Economics specialization from American University brings you real-world analysis from today’s most relevant scholars, research institutes and international organizations – online, anytime. It puts you at the forefront of economic debates – locally and globally.
Earn the credentials you need to lead others in our volatile economic climate in as little as 19 months!
Become a Recognized Economist
The online M.A. in Economics utilizes real-world examples to give you the knowledge and skills you need to make a true impact on the economy. Program highlights include:
- Concentrated faculty strength in major applied fields of economics and a policy-oriented curriculum
- Faculty who are linked to think tanks, research institutes and international organizations
- Hands on training with statistical software used in applied economics research
- A Washington, D.C., location that provides access to an extraordinary array of professional opportunities for trained economists.
Lead Others Utilizing Key Knowledge
Through a robust curriculum, you’ll gain crucial insight into today’s economic issues. The M.A. in Economics also includes a capstone experience to help prepare you for a career in a variety of settings, including:
- Government agencies
- Congressional committees
- Financial institutions
- Economic consulting firms
- Think tanks
- Multilateral organizations
- Non-governmental organizations
Customize Your Program for Optimal Success
While the entire M.A. in Economics program can be taken online, you do have an option to three internship hours on campus in Washington, D.C.